Some more legal jargon to protect you and me! Let me know what you think!
1. Use of Information. If you become a Partner in The Collective through this website, we will collect from you certain personal information (your name, your address, your e-mail address, etc.) which we need to maintain adequate records of our Partners and to contact you in connection with the delivery of various goods and services we are providing you as Partners in The Collective. This personal information is maintained in a database in a private server and is not available to the general public. We will use this information only as required for administrative purposes and to contact you in connection with the supplying of the gifts for which you qualify. We will never share this information with, or sell it to, any other party except as necessary to administer The Collective and to provide Partners with their applicable benefits. We do not collect information from persons who under thirteen (13) years of age. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on this website.
2. Monitoring. Our web server automatically collects information typically logged by web servers: the IP addresses of client browsers, the pages they visited, the amount of data transferred, etc. We may use this information, both individually and in aggregate, and may employ software, to analyze site usage patterns, to detect and investigate alleged instances of abuse, fraud or unauthorized access to information, to detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers, servers or network or this website, and to monitor and tune the performance of this website. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of our network and computer system.
3. Passwords. The password protected section of the site devoted to the Partners of The Collective will often feature questions or topics posted by Jamie, seeking the advice of The Collective. You are not required to post answers to these questions, or your own ideas, but if you do, you agree that whatever you post may be published by us at any time and in any format, and in perpetuity if we so desire. This applies to the entire website, but is most relevant to The Collective. We recommend that you change your password regularly, commit it to memory and avoid writing your password down. By agreeing to establish and use a Partner account (“Account”), you are authorizing us to act on instructions received under your password, and we are entitled to act on such instructions. You are responsible for keeping your password and data confidential. Please do not disclose your password to anyone. Notify us at once if you believe another person has improperly obtained your online password, if you believe someone has ordered or changed an order without your permission, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your Account.
4. Links. Links on this website to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this website. Linking to such third-party websites does not create any relationship or partnership between the third party website’s operator or sponsor, and us. We do not review, assess or control any of these third-party websites, and neither we nor Jamie are responsible for or make any representations or warranties with respect to any such third-party websites, or the content, products or privacy practices of such websites. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked on this website, you do this entirely at your own risk.
5. Newsletter; Opt-out. By purchasing a Partnership in The Collective, it is assumed that you are a loyal fan of Jamie, and wish to be kept in the loop of his progress, ideas, shows, etc. With that in mind, Partners in The Collective will automatically be added to Jamie’s and the Collective’s Newsletters. Don’t worry, you will not in any way be overwhelmed with spam. You will only receive occasional emails relating to the Collective and Jamie’s progress, ideas, upcoming shows, and new music. If you do not want to be on this list, simply email email@example.com and ask to be removed.